The Centre for Remote Health has partnered with Flinders University Nursing, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy schools and Charles Darwin School of Nursing to support student placements in terms of accommodation, a one-day Introduction to Central Australian Aboriginal Cultures and Context, access to a vehicle and academic support for students.
Students from outside these universities and disciplines are encouraged to contact Annie Farthing at the Centre for Remote Health to facilitate placements with a focus on multi-disciplinary practice.
Placement locations and organisations
- Alice Springs Hospital
- Western Desert Dialysis
- Tennant Creek Hospital
- Remote Community clinics – please see community details on the RAHC website
- Community health services
- Central Australian Remote Health Services
- Top End Remote Health Services
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services
- Alice Springs Pharmacies
- Aged care services
- Disability services
- Mental Health services
- Privately operated allied health services (Physiotherapy, Podiatry)
- There are a number of scholarships and funding opportunities available to support students in remote training and placements.
- CRH provides subsidised accommodation for students on placement
- All students undertaking a placement in Central Australia are encouraged to attend the CRH Introduction to Central Australian Aboriginal Cultures and Context one day program which is free of charge for students.
- CRH in Alice Springs hosts regular Student Networking and Inter-Professional Sessions (SNIPS) for students from all health related disciplines.
- General information for all students can be found in the
- CARAH is the Rural Health Club in Alice Springs