Students undertaking the Nursing stream of Postgraduate Award Courses offered through the Centre for Remote Health, are required to undertake remote placements as well as face to face intensives in Alice Springs. The Centre for Remote Health offers assistance with subsidised accommodation, a travel allowance and academic support for students.
Placement locations and organisations
- Remote Community clinics – please see community details on the Remote Area Health Corp (RAHC) website
- Central Australian Remote Health Services
- Top End Remote Health Services
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services
- More details can be found in the pdf Postgraduate Placement Guide (500 KB)
- General information for all students can be found in the pdf The Student Handbook (548 KB)
- There are a number of scholarships and funding opportunities available to support students in remote training and placements.
- The Centre for Remote Health in Alice Springs hosts regular Networking and Inter-Professional Sessions (NIPS) for students from all health related disciplines.
- CARAH is the Rural Health Club in Alice Springs
Graduate Certificate in Remote Health Practice
Graduate Diploma in Remote Health Practice
Master of Remote and Indigenous Health
Charles Darwin University
Master of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
Future Students can find more information here