Participants join a varied cohort of learners across a range of professions. A range of teaching strategies are used to engage and encourage learning. All workshops are underpinned by the principles of primary health care and cultural safety.
A number of these courses also satisfy the mandatory face to face component of Flinders University award courses in Remote Health Practice Master of Remote and Indigenous Health and the CDU award, the Master of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
These short courses can be self–recorded for purposes of Continuing Professional Development requirements.
Registration for all courses is essential.
Courses and locations may be added during the year.
Short Courses Offered
- Assessment and Care Planning in Rural, Remote and Indigenous Communities
- Framing Indigenous Health
- Introduction to Central Australian Aboriginal Cultures and Context
- Looking after #1: Resilient Self-Care for Remote Health Professionals
- Pharmacotherapeutics for Remote Area Nurses (RANs)
- Primary Health Care: Making a Difference
- Recognising and Responding to Dementia in Indigenous Communities
- Remote Trauma Skills
- Responding to Child Abuse and Neglect (RCAN)
- Rethinking Mental Health in Rural and Remote Australia
- Transition to Remote Area Nursing (TRAN)
- Working with People with Disabilities in Remote and Indigenous Communities
- You are advised to book early and start planning travel and accommodation as soon as possible.
- The registration form is found on the flyer for each short course.
- Bookings and payment must be made 4 weeks prior to the course.
- Registrations can be cancelled up to 2 weeks prior to the course start date. If written notification of cancellation is received by CRH within this timeframe, registrants will be refunded in full less an $80 cancellation fee to cover the transaction costs associated with the cancellation.
- No refunds will be processed when cancellation occurs within a two week timeframe prior to course start date.
- A course requires a minimum number of participants. Participants will be notified of cancellation 4 weeks prior to the start date and registrations will be fully refunded.
- We advise students to keep in mind the possibility of unforeseen events and avoid making any bookings that cannot be re-scheduled and/or refunded.
Alice Springs Subsidised Accommodation: